11th Class Physics Guess Paper 2019
Fsc 1st year guess paper 2019. 11th class Physics guess 2019. Physics guess Fsc first year. 11th class Physics Guess paper 2019
Short Qustions 11th Class Physics Guess Paper
Q.NO# 2 (8/12)
CH # 1, 2,4,6,7
- Distinguish b/w base units and derive units.
- The period of a simple pendulum is measured by a stop watch. What types of errors are possible?
- Name the two physical quantities, which have same dimensional formula. Write dimensions also.
- Name the several repetitive phenomena occurring in Nature which could be serve as reasonable time standard.
- How many Nano seconds are in one year?
- Why do we find it useful to have two units for amount of substance, the kilogram? And mole?
- Show that VI=v; + at is dimensionally correct
- Show that E = mc2 is dimensionally correct.)
- Differentiate b/w random error and systematic error.
- Write down the uses of dimensional analysis.
- Find the dimensions of coefficient of viscosity in the relation of Stokes law.
- What are the base units? Name all of them.
- Write down the unit and dimensions of
- Can you add zero to null vector?
- Can the magnitude of a vector have negative value?
- If one of the rectangular component is not zero, can its magnitude be zero? Explain.
- Define (1) position vector (1) Unit vector.
- What is the unit vector in the direction of the vector A = 4i +3 j?
- A force F= 21+ 3j units, has its point of application moved from point A (1,3) to the point B (5,7) Find the work done.
- Define the multiplication of a vector by a scalar.
- Differentiate between static and dynamic equilibrium.
- u which quadrant a vector lies if (i) both of its components have same value (ii) opposite value.
- Name two different conditions that could make Al x A2 =0?
Define torque? Write its unit and dimensions.
- Name three different conditions that could make Al x A2 =0.
- If all components of vectors Al and A2 were reversed, how would this alter Alex A2=?
- Why do you keep your legs far apart when you have to stand in the aisle of bumpy riding bus?
- Is it possible to add scalar quantity to a vector quantity?
- Prove that area b/w velocity time graph and time axis is numerically equal to the distance covered by the object.
- Find the change in momentum of an object subjected to given force for a given time. Or Show that force is the rate of change of linear momentum.
- Derive an expression for the range of projectile.
- Find the velocity of heavy body when it elastically collides with a stationary light body.
- Explain the circumstances in which the velocity V and acceleration a of a car are
- Parallel b. Anti-parallel c. perpendicular to one other
- Motion with constant velocity is a special case of motion with constant acceleration. Is this statement is true?
- Define impulse and show that how it is related to momentum.
- A cricket ball is hit so that it travels straight up in air and acquires 3 seconds to reach the maximum height. Its initial velocity is
- Explain the difference b/w elastic and inelastic collision.
- What is horizontal range? Write its formula.
- Describe two uses of Ballistic missile.
- Find the dimensional formula for (1) Impulse (ii) Momentum
- Is it possible for a body to have acceleration when moving with a constant velocity?
- Under what condition the velocity y if not zero but acceleration a is zero of a moving car.
What is difference b/w uniformed variable velocity?
- At what point or points in its path does a projectile have its minimum speed, its maximum speed?
- A 1500 kg car has its velocity reduced from 20m/s to 15 m/s in 3.0 s. How large was the average retarding acceleration?
- Define instantaneous velocity and instantaneous acceleration.
- What is ballistic missile and ballistic trajectory?
- What is the effect of speed of fighter plane chasing another when it opens a fire?
- Explain what do you mean by the term viscosity?
- Two row boats are moving parallel in the same direction are pulled towards each other. Why?
- Explain, how swing is produced in a fast moving cricket ball?
- Why fog droplets appear to be suspended in air?
- State the Stock’s law and write it’s mathematically formula.
- Explain the difference b/w laminar flow and turbulent flow.
- Water flows through a hose, whose internal diameter is 1 cm at a speech of m/s. What should be the
- Diameter of nozzle if the water is to emerge at 21 m/s?
- State the Torricelli’s theorem with diagram.
Q.NO# 3 (8/12)
CH # 3,5,8
- Define escape velocity and write its formula?
- What are the factors on which escape velocity depends?
- When an arrow is shot from its bow it has K.E.? From where does it get K.E.?
- What is SI unit of power? Define it.
- Calculate the work done in kilojoules in lifting a mass of 10 kg through a vertical height of 10 m.
- A brick of mass 2.0 kg is dropped from a rest position 5.0 m above the ground.
- What is its velocity at a height of 30 m above the ground?
- An object has 1 J of PE. Explain what it means.
- A girl drops a cup from certain height, which breaks into pieces. What energy changes are involved?
- A force of 400 N is required to overcome road friction and air resistance in propelling an automobile at 80 km/h.
- What power (KW) must the engine develop?
- Prove that PE-V.
- Give any three examples of non-conventional energy sources.
- Describe work energy principal.
- Define conservative force, give its one example.
- State law of conservation of energy.
- Define the term power and its SI unit.
- How electrical energy can be obtained by using tides?
- Define KWh. Show that 1 Kwh = 3.6 x 106 J.
- How many most common methods used for the conservation of biomass into fuel.
- Write their name to follow a circular path.
- What do you mean by variable force? Give two examples.
- Why does a diver change his body positions before and after diving in the pool?
What is meant by moment of inertia?
- Describe what should be the minimum velocity for a satellite, to orbit close to the earth around it?
- A disk rolls down a hill of height 10.0 m.
- What is its speed at the bottom A disk and hoop start moving down from the top of an inclined plane at the same speed.
- Which one will be moving faster on reaching the bottom?
- Prove that 1 Radian = 57.3°
- Can a body move along a circle without centripetal force?
- What are Geo-Satellite?
- Describe the uses of Geo-Stationary satellite.
- When mud flies off the tyre of a moving bicycle, in what direction does it fly? Explain.
- Define radian and prove that S = r0 and Varo A minute hand of clock is 3 m long.
- What is its mean angular velocity?
- What do you mean by orbital velocity and artificial velocity?
- Explain how many minimum number of Geo-Stationary satellites are required for global coverage of TV Transmission.
- Explain why Earth’s satellite despite of being falling freely object does not reach the earth?
- Relate how orbital speed of satellite depends upon its radius.
- What are satellites and how they move around the earth?
- How is artificial gravity created Explain b/w tangential velocity and angular velocity?
- What are synchronous satellites? What are its uses?
- The difference b/w real and apparent weight?
- Does the frequency depend on the amplitude for harmonic oscillator?
- If a mass spring system is hung vertically and set into oscillations, why does the motions eventually, stops?
A block of ass40kg is dropped from a height of 0.80m on to a spring of spring constant k 1960 N/m, Find the maximum distance through which the spring will be compressed.
- What happens to the period of a simple pendulum if its length is doubled?
- Define resonance with examples.
- Define frequency and time period. Give relation b/w them.
- A simple pendulum is 50 cm long.
- What will be its frequency at a place where g = 9.8m/s
- Does the acceleration of a simple harmonic oscillators remain constant during its motion? Is the acceleration ever zero? Explain.
- Define SHM. List two characteristics of SHM
- . At what distance from the mean position of a simple harmonic oscillator it KE Will become half of its maximum value?
- Would you keep the amplitude of simple pendulum small or larger?
- What are damped oscillations? What happens to the energy in damping? Sketch a graph b/w amplitude and time for damped and undammed oscillations.
- What is meant by phase angle?
Define stationary waves.
- Write any two uses of Doppler Effect.
- A transverse wave has a speed of 200 m/s. Find the wavelength of the wave if f = 1 KHz.
- How are beats useful in tuning musical instruments?
- Define transverse waves. Give an example.
- Why sound travels faster in warm air than in cold air?
- Write the formula of speed of sound at 0 °
- Why does sound travel faster in solids than in gases?
- A church organ consists of pipes, each opens at one end of different lengths. The minimum length is 30 min and longest is 4 m. Calculate the frequency of its fundamental notes (speed of sound i$ 340 m/s)
- Write any two cases of superposition of waves.
- What is the effect of pressure and temperature on the speed of sound?
Q.NO# 4 (6/9)
CH # 9, 10, 11
- Why the Polaroid sunglasses are better than ordinary sunglasses.
- What is the difference b/w interference and diffraction?
- Can visible light produce interference fringes? Explain.
- An oil film spreading over a wet foot path shows colours. Explain how does it happen?
- How is the distance b/w interference fringes affected by the separation b/w the slits of Young’s Experiment? Can fringes disappear?
- How would you distinguish b/w un-polarized and plan polarized light.
- Define grating element. Write its formula.
- Could you obtain Newton’s ring with transmitted light? Explain.
- State Huygens’s principle.
- Write down the two methods by which we can obtain plane polarized from unpoliced Beam of light.
- Why the Polaroid sunglasses are better than ordinary sunglasses?
- What is thin film? Upon what factors does the interference in this films depend?
- Why would it be advantageous to use blue light with compound microscope?
- How power is lost in optical fibers through dispersion?
- Why objective of short focal length is preferred in microscope?
- Write different types of optical fibers.
- Describe with the help of diagram, how biconvex lenses are arranged to form a microscope.
- How light signal is transmitted through optical fiber?
- Name three essential components of spectrometer.
- Define (1) Refractive index Snell’s law.
- Define (1) Least distance of distinct vision (ii) Critical angle.
- Find the difference b/w angular magnification and resolving power of an instrument.
- In simple microscope, the focal length of its lens is (1/5)d, where d is least distance of distinct vision
- Find the magnifying power. O
- Calculate the critical angle for optical fiber having core of refractive index 1.5 and cladding of refractive index1.48
How is power lost in optical fiber through dispersion?
- Draw sketch showing the different light paths through a single mode and multimode fiber.
- Give an example of natural process that involves an increase in entropy?
- Define (1) Specific heat (ii) Entropy
- What happens to the temperature of the room, when an air conditioner is left running on the table in the middle of the room?
- Does entropy of a system increase or decrease due to friction?
- Why does the pressure of gas in a car tyre increases when it is driven through some distance.
- Can mechanical energy be completely converted into heat energy? Give example.
- Specific heat at constant pressure is greater the specific heat at constant volume. Why?
- A Carnot engine utilizes an ideal gas. The source temperature is 227 °C and sink temperature is 127 °C
- Find efficiency of the engine.
- A thermo flask containing milk as a system is shaken rapidly, Does the temperature of milk rises?
- Derive Boyle’s law from Kinetic theory of gases.
- Derive Charles law form kinetic theory of gases.
- Define reversible and irreversible process.
- What is the translational kinetic energy of molecules in a gas at 28 ÇO?
- Write postulates of KMT.
- Prove that <V2> = 3p/p (45) Cp>Cv. Why?
- Why the adiabatic curve is more steeper than isothermal survey
- State fist law of thermodynamics. How it is applicable on human body?
Long Questions 11th Class Physics Guess Paper
Question No #5 (CH # 1, 11)
Q-1 (a). Show that Cp – CVR
(b).The turbine in a steam power plant takes steam from a boiler at 427 Co and exhaust into a low-temperature reservoir at 77 Co. What is the maximum possible efficiency?
Q-2 (a). What is Carnot Engine? Calculate its efficiency.
Q-3 (a) explain the working of petrol engine and compose its efficiency with diesel engine. W
(b) Calculate the entropy change when 1.0 kg ice at 0 C° melts into water at 0 Co.Latent of heat of fusion Lf = 3.36 x 105 Jkg–1
Q-4 (a). State and prove Bernoulli’s theorem
(b). How large must a heating duct be if air moving 3.0 m/s along it can be replenish
the air in a room of 300 m2 volume every 15 minutes? Assume the air’s density remains constant Q-5(a) State and explain equation of continuity
(b).Certain globular protein particle has a density of 1246 kgm it falls through pure water (n = 8.0 x 10-4 Nm 2s) with a terminal velocity of 3.0 cm/h. Find the radius of the particle Q-6 (a) Define terminal velocity. Derive an expression for terminal velocity
(b) An air plane wing is designed so that when the speed of air across the top wing is 450 m/s, the speed of air below the wing is 410 m/s. What’s pressure difference b/w the top and bottom of the wings if density of air is 1.29 kgm 3
Question No # 6 (CH # 2,3) 11th Class Physics Guess Paper
Q-1 (a). Define and explain vector product of two vectors with examples Give its any four characteristics.
(b). Find the angle b/w the two vectors A = 5i + j and B = 2i + 4j.
Q-2 (a) Describe the method of addition of vector by rectangular components?
(b).Given that A = 1-2+3k and B = 3i – 4k, find the projection of A on B.
Q-3 (a) What is torque? Calculate torque due to force acting on a rigid body.
Q-4 (a). Define linear momentum. Give its Sl unit. State and prove LOCOM
(b). A football is thrown upward with an angle of 30° with respect to horizontal. To throw a 40 m
pass What must be the initial speed of ball?
Q-5 (a) What is projectile motion? A projectile is thrown with initial velocity vi making angle with the horizontal.
(1) Maximum height
(ii) Range of projectile
Q-6 (a) State and explain elastic collision in one dimension. Discuss the case
(a) When masses of two balls are equal. (ii) When light ball collide with massive ball.
Question No # 7 (CH # 5,7) 11th Class Physics Guess Paper
Q-1 (a). Define gravitational field. Discuss it in details.
Q-2 (a) Discuss inter conversion of potential and kinetic energies in the presence of friction.
(b). A 70 kg man runs up a long stairs in 4 s. The vertical height of stairs is 4.5 m. calculate his power. Q-3 (a) What is absolute potential energy?
Q-4 (a). Derive an expression for Centripetal force.
(b). What is the least speed at which an aero plane can execute vertical loop of 1.0 km radius so that there will be no tendency for the pilot to fall down at highest point
Q-5 (a) Define artificial gravity Derive an expression for frequency by which spaceship rotates.
(b). Calculate the angular momentum of a star of mass 2.0 x 1030 kg and radius 7.0 x 105 km.
Q-6 (a) Define rotational K.E. Write a detailed note on it.
Q-1 (a). What is simple pendulum? Show that its motion is SHM. Derive an expression for its time period.
(b). A 100g body hung on a spring elongates the spring by 4.0 cm. When a certain object is hung o the spring and set vibrating, its period is 0.568 s. Find its mass
Q-2 (a) Derive an expression for the K.E. and P.E. of a spring mass system executing SHM. Also prove that its total energy remains constant.
Q-3 (a) Discuss the motion of a horizontal mass spring system.
Q-4 (a). What is principle of superposition? State and explain the term Beats.
(b). Find the temperature at which the Velocity of sound in air is two times its velocity at 10°C.
Q-5 (a) How Laplace corrected the Newton’s formula for speed of sound in air.
Q-6 (a) Discuss the stationary waves produced in a stretched string.
(b) A train approaching a station at 90 km/s sounding a whistle of frequency 1000 Hz. What will be the apparent frequency of the whistle as heard by a listener sitting on plat form?
Question No # 8 11th Class Physics Guess Paper
Q-1 (a) Explain Young’s double slit Experiment. Derive an expression for fringe spacing.
Q-2 (a) Describe the principle, construction and working of Michelson interferometer.
Q-3 (a) What is diffraction grating? How it is used to determine the wavelength of the light used? Derive its formula.
OR Define diffraction of light. Explain diffraction of x-rays by crystal and derive Bragg’s equation.
(b) In a double slit experiment the second order maximum occurs at a = 0.25o. The Wavelength is 650nm. Determine slit separation
Q-4 (a) Explain the construction and working of compound microscope with the help of ray diagram derive an expression for its magnification
(b) The refractive index of core and cladding of optical fiber are 1.6 and 1.4 respectively. Calculate the Critical angle for the interface.
Q-5(a) what is simple microscope? Describe its details.
(b). A compound microscope has convex lens of focal length 1.0 cm as an objective and a convex lens o focal length 3.0 cm as eye piece. An object is placed from the objective lens. If virtual image formed 25 cm from the eye, calculate the separation of lenses and magnification the instrument.
Q-6(a) Describe Michelson’s experiment for determining the speed of light.
You can also get more guess papers